Changing a court order

Maybe you have a court order but it doesn’t make sense in your situation anymore.

Perhaps the order no longer fits well with you or your child – for example:

  • you've moved and you can't meet the contact times or location
  • you have a new work commitments that clash with the terms of the order
  • an older child no longer wants to see the other parent

You can ask the court to change it. This is sometimes called varying an order.

Change a court order

To change an existing order, you should apply to the court again, using another C100 form.

The procedure is the same as when you first applied for your court order.

Please see Getting a court order about your child.

Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask us.

Get in touch on [email protected]