Talk to someone

Talking to someone about your problems not only helps you work through difficult feelings. It can help you see a situation more clearly so you can choose the best way forwards.

Who would you like to talk to?

I want to talk to someone who understands me

You’re not alone.

You can talk to someone who understands what you’re going through and can give you the support you need.

  • Women’s Aid offers has an online chat service offering confidential support for women. Monday to Friday 10am–4pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am–12pm.
  • Freephone Respect Men’s Advice Line 0808 8010 327, Monday to Friday 9am­­–8pm. Non-judgemental support and practical advice for men.
  • Mankind Initiative 01823 334 244, Monday to Friday 10am–4pm. Confidential helpline for men, and their friends and families.
  • Freephone National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline 0800 999 5428 from Galop, Monday, Tuesday and Friday 10am–5pm, Wednesday and Thursday 10am–8pm. Confidential, independent advice and support for LGBT+ people.
  • Freephone Karma Nirvana 0800 5999 247, Monday to Friday 9am–5pm. For people experiencing honour-based abuse, forced marriage and related issues.
  • The Mix 0808 808 4994 offers a free, confidential helpline and counselling service for the under 25s.
  • Freephone Samaritans on 116 123 at any time about anything, not matter how small.
  • Mind 0300 123 3393, the mental health charity, has a helpline information service and will try find you the right support. Monday to Friday, 9am–6pm (except bank holidays).
  • Safe Spaces is a national scheme in which participating pharmacies and banks offer their consulting rooms for people experiencing domestic abuse to use for free to contact friends, family or specialist support in safety. Ask for ANI (like 'Annie') if you need to use a codeword, or just ask to use their Safe Space. Check UK Says No More for details of your nearest Safe Space.
  • The FLOWS interactive map lists friendly, trusted and local organisations in your area with specialists who can help. Some services are for women only, but many are open to everyone.

I want to talk to a legal expert

We get you to a legal expert for the advice or representation in court that you need.

Please see Get legal advice or a solicitor for more details.

Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask us.

Get in touch on [email protected]